BUILDING A FOOD CART
Customized food carts are a great way to get started in the street-food industry! Because they are compact enough to be pulled by a car you already own, or even pushed by hand, they are far less expensive than purpose-built food trucks. Food carts
• Are generally inexpensive and simple to maintain.
• Often require less licensing than food trucks.
• Are simply equipped and easy to handle.
ROSS RVS & FOOD CARTS CLIENTS MOST OFTEN REQUEST ONE OF TWO BASIC DESIGNS:
• A cart with space for a vender to sit or stand inside the cart, and serve food through a window.
• A cart designed to use all inside space for food storage and cooking equipment.
IS A FOOD CART RIGHT FOR YOU?
Many of our clients who contact us aren’t sure whether a food cart, concession stand, or concession trailer would best meet their needs. Part of the answer may be determined by your budget, but there are other considerations as well.
Food served from food carts
is usually either purchased ready to sell and kept cold (like ice cream), or prepared in advance and heated up (like hot dogs). If you are interested in more complex offerings, you will probably want to consider the possibilities of concession stands or concession trailers.
A FOOD CART IS A GOOD OPTION IF:
• Your want to serve simple food.
• You want to sell food at events like country fairs, where you will stay parked for a week or so.
• You plan to press family or friends with limited culinary skills into service.
Because Oregon has a thriving food cart culture, Ross RVs & Food Carts
designs a lot of them. Contact us today! We will help you choose your best options, and design the food cart of your dreams!